So here goes - my new favorite podcasts:
1. Stuff Mom Never Told you - Bridget Todd and Emilie Aries break down all sorts of topics from Congresswoman Maxine Waters to Latina feminisim and the power of Beyonce in the world. I love how they aren't embarrassed to share their own stories but that of women from all backgrounds, cultures etc. Bridget and Emilie also do their research and provide interesting facts and knowledge about being a girlboss to current politics.
2. Dream, Freedom, Beauty - I just recently discovered this new podcast via Empress of Herbs (as she was a guest not to long ago) and I LOVE IT, I'm learning so much about esoteric, magic, meditating, witch related topics and my favorite part is that Natalie Ross is local and based out of Durham. Natalie is so down to earth and relatable and asks her guests all the questions we're thinking in our head.
3. The Courage Makers - this is a fantastic podcast to listen to when you need uplifting stories and interviews of people that have risen from the ashes to become stronger and wiser. I love listening to this podcast in the morning.
4. Work Wives - Because I primarily work from home, I don't have a work spouse but I remember what it was like. These women keep it real and get down to the nitty gritty of being a woman AND it's hosted by two women that work for my favorite magazine, Glamour!
5. The Mythology Podcast - As a major fan of mythologies and ancient stories this has to be in my top five favorite podcasts. It's like a history lesson every time and I become majorly inspired by all the grand and epic stories. In addition you can help but feel a wonderful sense of calm listening to this podcast, I'd have to say this is a perfect nightcap.
6. 2 Dope Queens - When you need a good laugh and want to be silly, listen to Phoebe Robinson and Jessica Williams talk about everything from sex, race, romance and living in NYC. They feel like your two besties that you want to hang out at a dive bar and get tipsy with!
So get crackin' and add these amazing podcasts to your lists. Thanks as always for reading!