I'm a big believer in female friendships; sounds corny to say but I love quality time with my girlfriends. We can talk, and talk and talk and get complete understanding from each other when we may not get that from our boyfriends, husbands or significant others. And it's not just that but it's more that understanding of what it's like to be a woman.
So I propose that we show the love and appreciation for our girlfriends just as we would to our male counterparts. Even if it's just a card, why not let them simply know that you love their friendship? I grew up watching my Mom send thank you cards, little gifts and momentos to her own friends and family. She made it a point to remember peoples birthdays. And it has rubbed off on me. And nowadays with the written word dwindling in favor of electronic correspondence it means even more to get that piece of snail mail. I LOVE getting an envelope from a friend of family - because it's the first thing I open other than another bill!
Okay so to the point of this post, I have some suggestions of small yet memorable gifts to give the best babes in your life and the best part? They're all $20 and under! So here they are:
1. Cat claw earrings - This one is a no brainer, most of my girlfriends are cat lovers and these are super affordable and sweet.
2. Sage & Palo santo smudging - Aroma and scents are very powerful, and what woman doesn't need a good cleansing of the spirit and home? These are only $10 and smell so earthy and good!
3. A beautiful print - Just as much as I love a good scent, I also adore hand drawn prints. It's calming to soak in an image of a powerful animal. And Nest and Burrow prints have gorgeous detail. I really love the Quietus of Munin crow print.
4. Wine profile card set - I got this for one of my girlfriends for Xmas and she loved it. Most of my lady friends are wino's and it's fun and sweet. Plus it passes on the point of sending out cards. You could even use these to send to your galentine!
5. Gem and Honey infused bath salts - I just bought these on my last visit to Everyday Magic and I love them! I'm a big bath person, it's my self care ritual and most women enjoy a good soak, with a glass of wine of course! Your galentine needs that self care too.
It's not too late too order any of these items and get them to your bestie - show her you appreciate all the times she listened to you and gave you advice or rescued you from a bad date!